DIY : The concrete candle holder.

07:30

Here we are ! I see a lot of concrete at this time, in decoration, and that come at the right moment because I really love raw materials (we plan to built a concrete countertop). 

So, I decided to make my own candle holder with a soda bottle. It's a first test, and it's not so bad but we will make other like this with other molds and size. This one is very heavy.

It's super easy to make because you will need concrete (my man is bricklayer so...) and bottles (for this, because you can make your own mold with cardboard or hard paper, wood, objets etc...). We have to put the concrete directly into the bottle and wait the next day for let it dry a little bit. 
Take a box cutter and gently cut the plastic without touch the concrete underneath because you risk to do a scratch. Then, pull the plastic and let dry your new candle holder an other day in the open air. 

To make the hole for the candle, Mr. have a machine, but we have to spray some cooking oil on the candle and put it in the soft and wet concrete. You can easily remove the candle when the concrete is dry and you have the perfect hole.   

Then, I want to paint the bottom with some of spray paint in a metal finish. I think concrete and metal  look good together...  

And my next DIY project is to make a steel mesh board... And a little revival/custom with masking tape... 

You Might Also Like

0 petits mots

Like on Facebook

Compteur